Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!


Wishing a very Happy Father's Day today to our wonderful dads! (Matt & I celebrated with our dads last weekend since they were in town for Caroline's baptism).  Lucky for me, my dad, father-in-law, and Matt are all simple guys and easy to buy for -they just enjoy a card and a nice bottle:)

And I want to wish a wonderful Father's Day to Matt, the best dad I could ask for to our two precious children.  Wells & Caroline are SO blessed to have you! 

One of my friends did a little montage on her blog for Father's Day and I thought it was so sweet.  So I'm copying her and posting a few of my favorite pictures of Matt with our lucky kids, who both adore him so very much:


With Wells the day he was born.  Matt is a fantastic swaddler - way better than me - I think he learned from one of the nurses at the hospital when W was born, but he must have paid very close attention because neither of our kids can escape his swaddle.


With W ~3 months.  I know they will share some of the same hobbies and interests, you can already see it happening and it is so fun.


With W ~6 months at Big Daddy's.  Matt is never afraid to take our kids anywhere.  Never worried they will be too hungry or tired, not concerned with their outfits, etc.  It's such a great reminder to me to 'go with the flow' and let our kids just enjoy life. 


On their 1st and 31st birthdays.  Wells always wants to do everything just like him.  Here they are having a birthday drink together. 


Celebrating 2 & 32  (I keep thinking how fun 20 & 50 and 30 & 60 will be for them...)


With Caroline the day she was born.  Again, seeing him here makes me remember what a good balance he is to me....cautious but always calm.


On duty with Caroline (~1 week).  I love how he multi-tasks so well with them too:  Mowing the grass while watching Wells play outside (even if it takes twice as long because he has to stop a hundred times), refilling the huge dog food container with Wells one Solo cup at a time, or reading the paper while soothing tiny Caroline.


Making her laugh (~3 months).  One of the best things about Matt is that he is just plain silly.  He makes me laugh all the time, and I see that part of his personality in Wells now too.  Caroline may end up more like me (without the full-on silly gene), but either way, I know that with Matt (and Wells now too) we will always have fun boys around us to entertain and lighten the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment