Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How Could I Miss This?


I want Wells & Caroline to be able to look back at this one day...and sometimes I feel like I am missing some of the everyday activities in exchange for fun posts about outings and events.  So today I realized I had not one post dedicated to W's favorite daily playtime activity:  TRAINS.  He is obsessed - he knows the name of every single Thomas and Chuggington train (as do I now), he loves building extensive track systems on the floor, and he contantly is talking about getting more trains!



He shares the love of trains with next door neighbor Carter.  Here they are showing me their favorite trains.  They have their own train lingo and it cracks me up to listen to them when they are playing.  They talk about what they need to pull in their "tray-wers", which ones are the fastest, what they are going to do when they stop at the station, etc.


Here is an extensive track set up that Wells built.  I am often very impressed!  He is pretty proud here too.  Note that this activity has completely replaced naptime.  I put him in his room in the afternoon to take a nap and he says, "No!  I not tired.  I will play trains quietly."

No comments:

Post a Comment