Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Sweet Moment

Thankful for:  a sweet moment with my Caroline, who is still a baby, but not for much longer... 

With Wells, I wished his baby days away.  When will you eat solid food?  When will you talk?  When will you walk?  Etc, etc.  But luckily, God gave me a second chance to enjoy the baby days.  I've loved every one of Caroline's stages, and haven't rushed a thing.  And with her, I'm sad for the time when I don't get to give her a bottle, hold and rock her, and put her to bed.  I always look forward to this part of my day:
 

So just FYI, Caroline, I will continue to overstay my welcome in your glider at night.  I love your smell, your sounds, your snuggle.  Please don't crawl or get any bigger - just fall asleep on my chest and let me love you as a baby for a few more months.  I promise I'll let you grow up - just not yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment